Gratitude is the best Attitude
Gratitude:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaFor other uses, see Gratitude (disambiguation).
Gratitude, thankfulness, gratefulness, or appreciation is a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive. The experience of gratitude has historically been a focus of several world religions,[1] and has been considered extensively by moral philosophers such as Adam Smith.[2] The systematic study of gratitude within psychology only began around the year 2000, possibly because psychology has traditionally been focused more on understanding distress rather than understanding positive emotions.
So, here are my lists, the short version in order not to bore anyone :)
My accomplishments for 2010:
Birthing a beautiful healthy baby girl, naturally and completely in her best interest.
Raising a baby to 3 months and a Wonderful little lady to 4 1/2years with the help of my ever so understanding hubby (I am patting myself on the shoulder for every day that goes by).
Marrying the most wonderful man in the world and loving him endlessly everyday
Moving our family to the BEAUTIFUL state of South Carolina.
Finding the personal space of quietness that allows me to be strong and at peace, without causing friction or getting dragged into negativity.
Starting an exercise routine, and still never executing that routine, but making efforts every week. (hey... sweeping, vacuuming, and lifting/carrying children is considered being active right?!) :)
Planning our first family holidays together.
I have a lot to be proud of and even more to look forward to. Here is that list for 2011:
Generating bonds with those that have a positive influence in my life.
Moving into a beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bath home with property to raise our family in.
Starting an outdoor garden.
Living healthier. Expanding and stabilizing on my exercise routine, eating reasonably, and living lightly.
Balance. (In my marriage, with my children, emotionally, and spiritually)
Living in awareness, and continuing with self education
Gratitude Journal, and Blogging monthly.
Living frugally.
Making cards and gifts and REALLY getting into various methods of being my creative self again.
And lastly, here is my list of things I am grateful for today, and Everyday.
I am thankful for:
My Beautiful Body
My Amazing Husband
My 2 Beautiful and Healthy Girls
The Earth
Family
Friends
Opportunities and lessons which I can experience to learn more in this life
Love. Always Love.
Money
Healthy Foods...well, all food. :)
Literacy
Peace
And last but not least ... My Mom for being so wonderful and understanding!
There is so much to look forward to, so much to be thankful for, so much to feel good about this year, and every year to follow.
So, I am very much looking forward to this new year, for my self , my husband, and our children. For our home, for our great Health, for our Wealth: that which we have, and are receiving, and for our continued Happiness. I'm not so much looking at 2011 as new start, because I can have one at any moment of my choosing. I am looking forward to this year as one filled to the brim with potential and blessings, happiness and love for my family, One absolutely over flowing with everything we desire and then some.
I wish the same for everyone in this world, for my family, and friends. At the very least to know peace, love and joy every day of your lives, to truly connect with the wonder that is your inner being, and to give thanks to the power that gives so much to us everyday.
Wishing you and yours happiness today, in 2011, and always...
PS: The universe gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward



No comments:
Post a Comment