EVER FEEL LIKE THIS??... I KNOW I DID!
I'm currently healthier and Happier than I think I have ever been in my life!
My quality of life has with out a doubt improved and some days my kids are trying to keep up with me - not the other way around anymore!
The thought of my kids, the example I'm trying to set for my children, the thought of dying too early and how unhealthy I had allowed myself to become frightened me more than a little!
The thought of my family history of high blood pressure, diabetes, Alzheimer's, cancers and the fact that I've always had immaculate blood pressure and I was noticing signs of higher blood pressure...
I was constantly sick and aching somewhere. My knees feet and ankles hurt i was uncomfortable in my own skin almost every waking moment. I couldn't find any suitable clothes so i ended up looking frumpy and dumpy everyday. The pain, depression and self worth issues were life suckers in themselves! My health and weight went down hill so did my attitude, hygiene, my self maintenance, and my performance as a wife and mommy.
SO HERE IS WHAT I DID......
I started to use myFitness pal as a food journal and calorie counter ~ IT IS AWESOME!

Positive Thinking
Self Control
Portion Control
Increased Activity level (Get a hoby, Garden, Start composting, Go for a walk)
Water, Water, Water
Healthy whole foods
Good nightly rest
Increased my calcium intake (supplements and dairy)
Started chromium picolinate
(Read an awesome article in woman's world and then researched it a ton)
Daily multivitamin
Super B Complex for energy... not just one B or the other, SUPER B COMPLEX is all the B's you "B" Needin' :) LOL I Crack me up!
I noticed when I started to take vitamins daily a difference in energy immediately day one, then in about 2 weeks really proved some other benefits. I was regularly noticing a that I wasn't as snacky as I used to be and a lot of the bad cravings slowed dramatically! Maybe it's because I had all the right and much needed vitamins and minerals in me!? Also, since high school i have always hit the 1-3pm mid-day slump where my day shouldve probably just ended cause im pretty much deemed braindead and usless after 2pm...Now like a normal person, (well not really normal lol but...) im headed down for the count about 7-9ish :) a 12-14hour workday is enough for anybody!
I made every effort to learn as much about food as possible!
Its been just over a year now, and I have officially lost over 133lbs :) yes that is over one hundred thirty pounds of fat! I was up to a size 20-22 at my peak of 278lbs at 5'9...
I now weigh ....
(shaking on my boots with fear and pride ;0/ )
144lbs and a size 4/6
Last Fall Sept 2011 Michael and I went to a Dr in a town close by and did a 5week medically supervised cycle of prescription HcG I lost 15lbs and Michael lost about 25lbs but the inches were significant! It was a great jump start! It helped me adjust back to what a "normal and Healthy" serving size is. I was never hungry, in fact I couldn't usually finish most portions. I I'm not going to lie, I totally cheated! Day after Day! I beat myself up about it but then just jumped back on the wagon and kept going. There's just something in wanting what you know you can't have and I made it really hard on myself. The cheating/craving/wanting was in my head, I realized it was an emotional habit and an unnecessary one at that.
Since then
I really haven't been focused on any sort of "diet" just on a much needed solid life style change! And making better choices. It's not very often I even have to work terribly hard on it, healthier eating and being more active falls hand in hand. Habits take 30 days to make or break, but its been over a year and i still have to have a serious think over with myself to get my attitude back in check or accept a gentle reminder from my wonderful husband every once in a while. However, It just happens out of habit mostly now ;) but it hasn't been easy sometimes I slip up and instead of letting it set me back and being upset about it I just choose to be more motivated and work harder at mastering a healthier life style! I did it for myself, my health, my life! I did it for my beautiful little girls. I did it for my amazingly supportive, loving and oh so patient husband, and Family whom I love unconditionally with every fiber of my being, and and eternally grateful for!
I KNOW I'M NOT! :)
It's really not so bad! ;) Convenience is a beautiful thing and I'm Greatful for all the things in my life that I benefit from daily however I firmly believe all things, (with the exception of Love, Happiness and Gratitude),are better in moderation. Dont get me wrong I love my iPhone and DVR ;) but this day in age Every item, idea, and activities of daily living, including meals are all swamped by with a concept of Convenience and quick fixes... We Hire a lawn guy, eat fast food, being less active due to time, energy or money, 24hr stores, snack foods, buying bagged mulch or chemical fertilizers instead of composting. Instead of choosing to DO, we choose to make excuses. there are easy (and expensive) ways to do everything these days and most americans (our family included) I'm by no means trying to push my green heart on anyone, I just know for me and my family there was a choice, an alternative, and a way. And for myself and my family this has been a good way! And proven a healthy way! :)
My best inspiration, Education and support....
http://www.free-flow-coaching.com/susan.html
Natural News
SkrewTips
Relish
Dr Mercola
My Fitness pal
I did what i could to learn all about the food i liked, loved, and fed my family (including fast food) I learned everything i could about the chemicals and additives in food and how our body processes and break them down, and in some cases how they dont break down at all, they just leak toxins into your body, or is processed like formaldehyde - Ew!

Telling yourself that certain foods are bad or knowing how toxic, fake, and terrible the ingredients are doesn't stop us from eating it... At least it didn't stop me for years! Sounded good looked good tasted good, I ate it! I was hungry, or running late, I grab what was convenient! A little preparation and better choices and I no longer need the poor alternative of fast food, junk food, or snack food.
A couple of organic fruit snack packs in the purse for the kids, a couple of dumdum suckers for the emergency moments with a toddler wonderful trick my lobster taught me! A bag of granola or pack of raw almonds or cashews, a beef jerky for the really hungry moments. I usually keep 2 For both my girls and at least two snacks for myself, that way theres two hungry moments throughout the day or one extremely hungry moment or two hungry moments during the week. I try to remember to immidiately replace whats used (once we get home) so I'm never without and left tempted by the evil alternative the drive thru! Learn about food and whats in it, learn what products your using in and on your children... Learn about GMO's!!!!
We buy as much organic as we can and will have another garden this year!
I only purchase organic milk and dairy as I have learned too much about the disgust and filth today in the dairy world. I'll pass on the puss and antibiotics , thanks! Blah!
I cheated, and failed plenty of times, i just had to regroup and find my focus!
If I can do it... You can too, and I am happy to help you along on your journey any way I can! Stay strong, keep your goals in mind and remember nothing tastes as good as healthy feels :)







No comments:
Post a Comment